The Dream Team Scholarship
The Dream Team Scholarship
KBLX SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom California, LLC d/b/a KBLX (FM) (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 201 Third Street Suite 1200 in San Francisco, CA, during regular business hours and on the Station’s website at www.kblx.com/rules. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the KBLX Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”).
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Station’s general contest rules, in order to be eligible to enter this contest, individuals MUST be (each an “Entrant”, collectively, the “Entrants”):
- Between the ages of seventeen (17) and nineteen (19) years old as of the date of entry (Entrants who are under 18 years of age will be required to have their legal guardians co-execute all documents required in connection with this contest and any prize awarded and failure to do so in a timely manner will result in automatic disqualification and any prize will be forfeited);
- Enrolled in the graduating class of June 2017 at any high school (public or private) located within the 9 Bay Area Counties of California including Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma Counties (“Eligible School(s)”); and
- A legal U.S. resident of California.
- To enter from 12:00pm (PT) on January 20, 2017 through 5:00pm (PT) on February 17, 2017, Entrants must go to www.KBLX.com , click on the graphical “KBLX Scholarship Contest” link (may be located on the Contest page), and complete and submit an online entry with Entrant’s name, address, daytime and evening phone numbers (including area code), email address, age, and an essay telling us, in five hundred (500) words or less, why the Entrant should be selected as winner of the KBLX Scholarship.
- Essay should include any accomplishments/achievements for which the Entrant feels the Entrant should be recognized.
- Essay should be five hundred (500) words or less. Entries with an essay comprised of more than five hundred (500) words will not be disqualified, but only the first five hundred (500) words will be read and considered for the Contest.
- Entries and all associated materials submitted, including essay, must be truthful; however, Stations shall not be obligated to verify any or all of the information submitted in any entry nor to verify such information for all Entrants. If the Station has reason to believe that any entry or submission is not truthful, Station reserves the right (in its sole and not appealable discretion) to disqualify such Entrant at any time prior to the actual physical award of the check to the selected winner.
- Station reserves the right, but is under no obligation, to edit an Entrant’s essay in any manner that it chooses at Station’s sole discretion.
- BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS REPRESENT WARRANT AND COVENANT THAT IF THEY ARE UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, THEY HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENTING TO SUBMISSION OF THE ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants acknowledge and agree:
- Entry will comply with all local, state and/or federal laws or other associated rules and regulations associated that may be applicable;
- Station reserves the right, and Entrant authorizes Station, to post such Entrant’s essay and/or Entrant’s name to the Station’s website or to read it on-air in whole or in part, on any of its radio stations or its radio affiliates;
- Station may elect to use any submitted entry for entertainment purposes on-air and may choose to “make fun” of any submitted entry, and Entrant waives any right to make any claim against Station, or any Contest sponsors with respect to any disparaging comment made on-air about such Entrant’s essay;
- Station retains sole and exclusive possession and retains all rights to use any Entry, or any part thereof indefinitely, and Station, all contest sponsors, and their respective affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors may use the name, image, photograph submission, other entry materials and/or biographical information of the Entrant for advertising and/or promotional purposes on radio, TV broadcasts, in the newspaper, on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise without the payment of any additional compensation to the Entrant; and
- Station is not responsible for any costs associated with submitting any entry or any costs arising out of or participating in the Contest or failure to adhere to the applicable Contest rules.
- By entering this Contest and submitting an essay, Entrants represents and warrants that the essay is original and does not contain any copyrighted, plagiarized or defamatory material and agree that Sponsors may read any entry submitted on the air (in whole or in part, edited or unedited) and use entries as the subject of commentary, humorous or otherwise.
- Station is conducting this contest using proprietary software owned by a third party known as Second Street Media, Inc. (“Second Street”). The entry/registration process may require you to either log into an existing Second Street account, or create a free Second Street account. You may either elect the option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form (Facebook account is not required to enter this contest), or complete the online entry/registration form by submitting the Entrant’s full name, address of legal residence, phone number (including area code), age, username (subject to acceptance by contest software to eliminate duplicate usernames), password, e-mail address, and other information requested (some of which may be optional).
- Limit one (1) Second Street account per email address. Limit one (1) entry per Second Street account.
- As part of the entry process, Entrants may be provided with an opportunity to opt-in to receive solicitations from, and/or to become a member/participate in clubs of (i.e., email clubs, text clubs, and rewards programs), the Station; provided, however, agreeing to receive such solicitations and/or accepting such membership is not a condition of entry into this contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
- FAILURE TO SUBMIT AND/OR COMPLY WITH THE ITEMS AS REQUESTED/REQUIRED ABOVE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION. STATION HAS NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO NOTIFY ANY ENTRANT(S) IF AN ENTRANT’S ENTRY HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED.
- ENTRIES CONTAINING PROFANITY, INDECENT OR OBSCENE MATERIAL, DEFAMATORY CONTENT, AND/OR OTHER EXPLICIT OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS DETERMINED IN STATION IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THEY OWN THE RIGHTS TO, OR HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO USE AND TO ALLOW STATION TO USE, THE CONTENT SUBMITTED WITH EACH ENTRY AS SET FORTH IN THESE CONTEST RULES. ESSAYS SUBMITTED IN THIS CONTEST MUST BE ORIGINAL WORKS CREATED BY THE ENTRANT AND/OR RECOMMENDER. IN THE EVENT IT COMES TO STATION’S ATTENTION BEFORE OR AFTER FINALIST OR WINNER SELECTION IN THIS CONTEST THAT ANY SUCH ENTRY INCLUDES ANY PLAGIARIZED MATERIALS (UNCREDITED MATERIALS CREATED BY A THIRD PARTY), SUCH ENTRANT SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED AND ANY AND ALL PRIZES WILL BE FORFEITED. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY STATION SHOULD ANY OF THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES IN THIS PARAGRAPH AND THE CONTEST RULES PROVE TO BE FALSE OR INACCURATE.
- WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS A FINALIST OR THE WINNER, ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY STATION IN ANY MEDIUM IT DEEMS DESIRABLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE ENTRANT(S) OR ANY PERSON WHO SUBMITTED LETTER IN SUPPORT OF THE ENTRANT.
HOW TO WIN
- Sometime after 1:00pm (PT) on January 19, 2017, Station staff and/or management will select one (1) entry, based on any lawful criteria they deem desirable, including, without limitation, (a) accomplishments and/or achievements of the Entrant, (b) the impact, magnitude and difficulty of Entrant’s accomplishments and/or achievements, and (c) other facts that Station staff and/or management deem relevant, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules (the “Winner”). All decisions by Station staff and/or management with respect to any matter in this Contest, including, without limitation, the selection of a winner, are final and may not be appealed.
- Station will announce the name of the one (1) potential Winner of this Contest on air at approximately 1:00pm (PT) on January 20, 2017. The potential Winner need not be listening in order to win. Station will contact the potential Winner by means of the phone number and/or email address provided with entry. The Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at such phone number, or send one (1) email to the email address provided by the potential Winner. If no answer, if voicemail is reached, if the email is returned, and/or if the potential Winner does not reply within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving call, message, and/or email from Station, the Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact, an alternate potential Winner will be selected from among the remaining Entrants, and subject to verification of contest eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, shall become the Winner.
- IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION OR MATERIALS REQUIRED BY STATION IN ORDER TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND ELIGIBILITY OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER, THE POTENTIAL WINNER MUST, WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE UPON WHICH STATION CONTACTS THE POTENTIAL WINNER, PROVIDE AN OFFICIAL SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT, EVIDENCING THAT SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER IS ENROLLED IN THE GRADUATING CLASS OF JUNE 2017 AT AN ELIGIBLE SCHOOL (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 2 ABOVE). Should the potential Winner fail to meet the eligibility requirements or is disqualified for any other reason, an alternate potential Winner will be selected from among the remaining Entrants, and subject to verification of contest eligibility and compliance with the contest rules, shall become the Winner. In the event such alternate winner does not meet eligibility requirements or is disqualified, Station shall not be obligated to make an additional alternate winner selection, and in such event, prize will be awarded in this Contest.
- The one (1) verified Winner of this Contest will receive $1,000 in the form of a company check issued to the verified Winner only and available within thirty (30) days of Station’s receipt form of all required completed and signed documents.
- Prize must be picked up by the Entrant and, if under eighteen (18) at the time of the check delivery, a parent or legal guardian of the winner at the Station’s studios at 201 Third Street Suite 1200 in San Francisco, CA during regular business hours. Prize will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station. Winner will be required to provide his/her social security number and any other documentation and/or sign any documentation Station requires as determined in its sole discretion as a condition of accepting the Prize.
- WHILE THE GENERAL TERM “SCHOLARSHIP” MAY BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST, THIS IS PRIZE AND NOT A TAX-EXEMPT SCHOLARSHIP. THIS PRIZE, ALONG WITH ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION ABOUT THE WINNER, WILL BE REPORTED TO THE IRS AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE PAYMENT OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES BY THE WINNER. FURTHER, STATION HAS NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY WHETHER OR NOT THE WINNER UTILIZES THE CHECK FUNDS FOR FURTHER EDUCATION. Scholarship prizes are suggested for use towards tuition at a post-secondary school of Entrant’s choice. Winning a scholarship prize does not impact whether winner will be granted admission to any school and Sponsors have no responsibility whatsoever for Winner’s admission.
- The sponsors of this contest are Tommy T's and Entercom California, LLC.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
- Station is not responsible for any error or technical malfunctions associated with the Second Street site that may affect any entrant’s ability to enter, win, or be properly considered in this Contest, regardless of the cause. In the event of a malfunction associated with the Second Street site that Station (in its sole discretion) deems to materially and adversely affect this Contest, Station reserves the right to suspend this contest, terminate this contest without a winner, terminate this contest and select a winner early, provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Station deems appropriate under the circumstances. Any such changes, terminations or suspensions will be announced on air and/or posted on the Station’s website, if applicable.
- Employees of Second Street and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest.