SUPER YUMMY SAVORY PARMESAN & SWISS CHEESE BREAD PUDDING
If you know me, you know I don’t really have too much of a sweet tooth. When I discovered this recipe for a savory bread pudding I knew it would be a wonderful addition to my recipe repertoire. You can serve this with your choice of meat. I really enjoy Parmesan Bread Pudding on days when a soup or a salad is the main course because it’s really rich. This is also a perfect addition to any Sunday Brunch menu. This dish is a pillow of soft, cheesy heaven.
· 1/2 loaf of brioche bread, cut into 1" cubes
· 3 1/3 c of manufactured cream or heavy cream
· 6 eggs
· 3 cups of sautéed onions
· 1 1/2 cups of Swiss cheese, shredded
· 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
· 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
· 4 tsp salt
· 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Butter a 9 X 12” baking pan very well.
2. Mix bread cubes with cream and eggs.
3. Add sautéed onions, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir.
4. Pour into pan. Cover and bake at 350° F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 35 minutes at 325°.
· Sun Dried Tomatoes
· Broccoli Rabe
· Fontina Cheese
"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." Luciano Pavarotti
Return to: Kimmie Taylor Blog